Friday, June 6, 2008

New housing...







This is the first section of the outside areas I have tackled. The brambles were well rooted and took me an hour to dig them out. The horsetails pulled up rather easily and the grass I just weed wacked down and topped with cardboard for weed supression.



And this is the same area a week later....



That is 1 1/2 yards of chips from the mill.

I still need to plant something in those window boxes and that is all I will do in this area since we have no idea how long we will be able to stay here.

I think it looks a lot better even if it is rather barren looking. I will probably switch out some of these pots for some of my terracotta colored pots so they all match.

At least it no longer looks like the messiest place on the street and several people have already commented on the improvement.

No comments: