Thursday, June 5, 2008

The moove...

When the owner of the house in Carlotta decided to sell out during the housing market's ridiculous bubble we were forced to move. Since this was the 4th such move for us (owner selling out from under us) we decided to bite the bullet and move into an apartment where this type of thing rarely happens so that we could settle in and stay put. HA!

After 5 years and rent increases that came like clockwork (no rent control here) I was greeted early in the morning of April 30Th by the landlord at the door with a 60 day notice to vacate. His reason was that they needed our apartment for his aging parents. ... Who want to see it empty before they decide if it will work for them... And how much remodeling they may want to do... IF... they decide it will work at all... Since ours was most in need of updating they decided it would be the one they should invest the funds into...IF...

So we set about looking for another place to live. We found a house in the mill town where we work and were out in 30 days. When we turned in the keys the Landlord thanked us for our "understanding", apologized for the "inconvenience" and said he would mail us our deposits.

The upside of all of this is that we are again in a house with a yard, real washer and dryer hookups, and we are now less than a mile commute from work. That last one is a biggie since regular gas hit $4.50 a gallon yesterday and there is no sign it will be dropping soon.

Between Bob's Charcot's foot and bad back and my bad back plus both of our obesity and age related aches and pains, we managed to get the move done and survived it with even more aches and pains.... I had no idea that even the roots of my hair could hurt! But we managed somehow and are officially moved!

The down side to the move is that the houses here in town WILL BE SOLD... we have no idea how soon that will happen. The Company is in chapter 11 and even our jobs may or may not be here in a month or so... Life is uncertain. If the mill continues we should be fine for our jobs. There are a few things they will have to do before the houses can be sold, zoning, set up a service district or annex into the connecting city... Hopefully it will take a while.... along while...I really do not want to move again until we can clear up our debts and hopefully be ready to purchase a place of our own... It is in God's hands.